Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Way of These Things

Once upon a time, in a land far and away, I began this blog because I became fashion-obsessed.  And then it was make-up obsessed. And then I realized at my ripe 30-ish age, that I get obsessed, and then I get bored. I read blogs more than anything else online; be it my favorite websites, shopping sites, news sites, etc.  There's so much horrible out there, sometimes I need to check out and ponder superficial updates and happenings.  Not the Kardashians, but things I imagine I would sit in the library and read about.  Lately, my favorite ones to read are about minimalism and budget blogs; exciting stuff, right?

I began these posts with a lot of intention and not a lot of practice or artsy skill, like many of my previous blogs.  But it came from the need to dress less like I did while working in banking (so incredibly boring) and more like I worked in an office with respectable people.  Also, because tattoos.  I have a lot of tattoos that would not be professionally appropriate to have parading about at work.  I understood it would be a challenge when I got them, and now, 8 years later I'm used to covering them during the 9-5. I don't mind it.  Yes, I wish I worked in a creative environment where I could wear short sleeves and not think about or the way I might be treated by professional individuals.  Right now though, this is how it is.  Also, because I have a tiny clothing budget, I have to figure out how to make it stretch with lots of mall-buys and thrift-store trips.  Even then, I've been exhausted spending an hour to find maybe one thing that fit right! And I'd come home with more stuff I didn't really need.

Now I'm focused on quality items that I won't have to replace in a year, always with a higher price tag and definitely not made of things like rayon or polyester. The way of these things keep evolving. Sometimes it's hard to keep up, and I'm not a very good photographer.  I imagine new things on the horizon, so stay in your seat.  Let's see what's around the next bend.