Friday, May 23, 2014

Vintage Holly Homemaker





This dress is old. Years. But, the most modern thing about it is not the full-length button-up back, or the see-through stitching near the bottom hem: it's Pockets!  Two pockets in the front that blend into the dress are my favorite thing and instantly ups any dress's cool quota.  Of course I had to go with a white cardi (NY&Co.) on a super humid day, but I don't mind the length of the dress which is a little longer than what I like.  It has a fitted and flared bottom so it's comfy for things like sitting in an office all day long.  We call it my vintage Holly Homemaker dress at home, since you could do all your housework, chase after kids, and make dinner in it.  My braided white and gold gladiator sandals have seen better days as well, but I just can't give them up yet.