Friday, January 24, 2014

Pearly and Plaid





I'm back to this plaid skirt because plaid and winter and layers are the best.  My bright pink cardigan pops over a black button-up shirt (my favorite v-neck button-ups are from Express; they fit so well).  A skinny silver belt, an ornate black ring, a metallic bead bracelet, and this lovely pink pearly statement necklace are my accessories today and you definitely will find them often.  I am more of a black and accessorizing person vs. a tan/brown/cream coordinating.  Maybe it's my skin tone that turns me off those palettes?  I'll try harder this year.  I purchased the little Alice in Wonderland quote canvas painting from a college student.  It's simple but I love it and am supporting a budding artist so why not?  My post-lunch necessities are lip gloss, a mascara touch-up, and this mirror from the dollar store from like 10 years back. Yeah, we go way back.