Monday, January 13, 2014

Placeholder Vintage






Rewind a good ten years, before I had a sleeve of tattoos and an obsession with cardigans and pleated skirt, and you'll find this vintage-y cardigan that was given to me by a friend.  It's wool so it only sees the world outside my closet a few times during the season.  Wool is itchy for me, so I layer a cotton long-sleeved tee underneath and usually end up throwing on a wool peacoat over it= lots of warmth.  I've hung my Death Eater's mask (Halloween 2013) on the pin that should be holding a 2014 calendar, but since I've yet to get a calendar up there it's just a placeholder.  Let's see how many people notice!  Santa brought me a pretty awesome magnetic pearl necklace that just feels so modern when putting it on.  I've a got a tumbled stone bracelet for more texture with my suede booties.  I think it's the end of suede enjoyment for me; they just don't work for me any more.  And it's not yet spring yet, but my orange Gerber daisies are starting to sprout.  It's the oldest plant I've kept alive, ever!