Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Spikey and Blue





I found a perfect LBD that can be dressed up or down and is thick enough to withstand the crazy temps here.  I'd love to be in CA or where all the warm bloggers dwell that are sporting ripped jeans and tanks right about now, but I make do with lots of black and gray tights and booties and boots and wool, of course.  This dress has some see-through mesh cut-outs and cap sleeves, but you can't see that here.  The electric blue cardigan and spikey necklace help make it feel less dark, and my zigzag bracelet and murano green/blue glass ring give it some detail.  I was torn between a neon yellow vs. the coral skinny belt you see here, but it wouldn't have been too '80s with the green tinted bright contrast.  I sit in my visitor's chair when I'm on the phone so I can look out the window, catch some sun rays while short-lived, and I have a stash (because we all should) of coffees and super-soft tissues as needed.  Sometimes I forget the Korean painting so high up on the wall since it's covering a big un-eraseable mark.