Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pink and Pinky Updated





 I love this pink- it's less Radiant Orchid-like and more just happy pink.  This Old Navy sweater is perfect for layering no matter the shirt beneath, and I originally was going for black/white pinstripes with a gray pencil skirt and black tights, but it needed some pop.  This pink updates my ho-hum original outfit and gives me a reason to bust out my pink-toned pearl statement necklace (thanks, Santa!).  I have a great collection of nail polishes seen here, but because I'm a busy typer, all-hands-on, dish-washing, cleaning fool- I almost never paint my fingernails.  Except the pinky.  It gives just a little tiny spunk without too much commitment which sounds a little lame but it's low maintenance.  The color I'm wearing is Dark & Stormy (not a bad drink either) by Color Club.  I might need more yellow post-its and bright folders to keep the winter ughness behind.  The few individual Twizzlers in my Hello Kitty mug help a little.  And my new Tarte Energy LipSurgence, also pink, helps a LOT.