Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Purple and Peonies





I am always inspired by my galactic-ish wooden cuff that was a gift from a few years back.  Blue and violet and a splash of gold all swirled together.  Today I paired it with a peony ruffled tee, a violet cardigan, and my favorite banded silk skirt.  The skirt has various shade of violet and deep blue, but more of a brown and copper color at the hem.  One New Year's Resolution I have is to wear gold.  Deeply, shocking, no?  I haven't purchased or worn gold or gold toned jewelry in years- at least 10 if my math is right.  I felt it just didn't suit me, but I've fallen in love with a lot of finer pieces by Gorjana and can't look away any longer.  Did you notice?- I'm NOT sporting any type of boots today!  I went with my favorite oxfords and burnout tights instead.  The temp is hitting 30 degrees so I celebrated the heatwave without snow boots; I'm just daring, aren't I?  Don't mind my Transformer's band-aid either; I had to do some dryer maintenance with a putty knife and got a little carried away. #keepingitreal