Friday, February 7, 2014

Striped and Scarved






I'm not petite, in fact I'm a very hip-py girl in that horizontal stripes might not be the flattering thing for me. Aaaaand, I'm sporting a body-con dress that is striped and scarved.  It's the only one I own like this and I couldn't make the nautical rope belt work for me, but I really dig the colors.  Sometimes you just have to go with something a bit sporty that is outside of your normal range or comfort zone.  That's this, for me.  I paired it with a freebie scarf from a magazine subscription, navy tights, and most importantly (and now, boringly) my snow boots.  My ink is peeking through above my sleeves, which is another norm that happens for me: my arms are really long.  I had that pile of papers and receipts in my coat pockets for days and obviously need any of them really.  Ooh, and it's Clinique Bonus Time in my area!  I have not ventured out (too cold!) to get it though.